Durable Power of Attorney

We provide a comprehensive plan that includes a Durable Power of Attorney. This instrument allows you to designate a person to have the power to control your personal affairs in the event you somehow become incapacitated. Many of our clients choose the executor of their estate to also be their power of attorney.

What must a Will do?

A Will is a written instrument that is effective only on the Testator’s Death. It must be executed by a competent person, with the requisite testamentary intent, and in accordance with prescribed statutory formalities. The Will must do one or more of the following:1. Dispose of property2. Appoint an executor, or3. Revoke a prior testamentary … Read more

What’s in a Will?

A Will must be signed by the Testator (person making the Will), or in the testator’s name and presence by another person, who executes the Will at the testator’s direction. It must by signed by at least two competent witnesses who, in the Testator’s presence and in the mutual presence of other witnesses, witness at … Read more

Will or Living Trust

Will or Living Trust?A will distributes assets after one’s death. A Living Trust distributes assesst during one’s life. A Living Trust is usually necessary for children or pets.

Our Estate Plan

Why do I need a Will?A Last Will and Testament is the only plan that prevents the State of Texas from deciding how your estate is divided. This tool allows your loved ones the ability to avoid additional headaches and unnecessary legal fees. Call our office and set a free consult, 817-617-8058.

Parental Child Safety Placement (PCSP)

What is a PCSP? Why are my kids with a family member or friend? How can I get my kids back? These are questions we hear and answer everyday. First, let’s define what’s going on and why your kids are placed out of the home. PCSP is defined by CPS as “a temporary, short-term out-of-home … Read more

Court Orders

The Department of Family Protective Services (DFPS) A.K.A Child Protective Services (CPS)  must petition the court and gain a court order before you are required to do anything with CPS. Anything outside of a court order is by cooperation only. This is extremely important to remember when you are being threatened by a Caseworker. CPS … Read more

Drug Tests

CPS wants me to take a drug test? You need to talk to an attorney before completing a drug test through CPS. First, drug tests should be taken through attorney client privilege before doing one through CPS. Please remember that drug tests with CPS are optional unless there is a court order that requires you … Read more

Status Review Hearing

If you are approaching the first Status Review hearing in your CPS case, then you are in the beginning of your case and you need to be making your first steps towards completing services. The Status hearing occurs no later than 60 days after the court ordered removal. Right now, CPS is Temporary Managing Conservator … Read more

Do I need an Attorney?

You need to hire an experienced CPS Lawyer! We service Tarrant, Dallas, Parker, Wise, Johnson, and Denton. You have the right to consult with a lawyer at any point in the investigation at your own expense. If CPS files a lawsuit regarding your children, you may ask the court for a lawyer to represent you. … Read more